In Print!!

Well, it will be by the end of the month anyway. Yes, that’s right, my book, From His Perspective will soon be available for you to read (and I’d be incredibly grateful if some of you did ;O)). After having received about 20 rejections from literary agents and because I have the patience of a gnat with ADHD I decided that I would ‘do it myself’ and publish via Amazon Direct Publishing. It doesn’t have quite the same cache as being touted by an agent as ‘the next JK Rowling’ but I am feeling pretty damned pleased with myself; if you’d have told me a year ago that I’d write a book I’d have thought you were mad!

I know I’ve been conspicuously absent just lately (I can blame that on the second book that I’m writing – this is becoming a habit!) but without the support of the blogging community I don’t think I would ever have done this. It was you guys that gave me the confidence to write and then to write from the heart and I owe all of you a huge, huge thank you for your unfailing kindness and encouragement. You’ve helped me through some very dark times and I will be eternally grateful.

In print

28 comments for “In Print!!

1. July 4, 2019 at 2:49 pm

Well Done! Knew you could do it – your writing is fabulous. I cannot wait to read this xx

2. July 4, 2019 at 3:23 pm

Looking forward to it. I have had three rejections so far and I am not good with it. Almost published it on Amazon this morning, but then went out cycling. Good luck and take care.

• July 4, 2019 at 3:36 pm

The way I think of it is that not everyone has the capacity to see true potential ;O) I’m sure that you’ll get there Mike – are you going publisher or literary agent route?
      Thanks and you too :O) x

• July 4, 2019 at 4:02 pm

I have tried literary agents. :0)

• July 4, 2019 at 4:27 pm

Stick with it – I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you :O) x

• July 29, 2019 at 9:07 am

I was awake and thinking about the book that I have placed on Amazon and then I thought of yours. I now that you are a good writer and am anticipating a really interesting read. I hope the journey helped.

• July 29, 2019 at 4:21 pm

Ah bless you Mike, I really hope you enjoy it (reviews are a big help – hint, hint 😉). Without WP and all the wonderful people on here I don’t think I ever would have written it and it certainly motivated me to read other people’s work 😊 xx

• July 29, 2019 at 4:47 pm

Do you have a link?

• July 29, 2019 at 5:46 pm

From His Perspective https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1077767994/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_VcZpDb4M89H9F here you go Mike 😊 that’s the paperback version, it’s out on kindle on Wednesday x

3. July 4, 2019 at 4:00 pm

Excellent, I can’t wait to read it!

• July 4, 2019 at 4:27 pm

Thanks so much River and thanks for your lovely comments over the months – I have huge respect for you as a writer so they mean a lot :O) x

4. July 4, 2019 at 4:07 pm

Wow! Super, super news. Will you still talk to us when you are famous?

5. July 4, 2019 at 5:14 pm

Great! Will definitely get it.

6. July 4, 2019 at 5:47 pm

Wooohooo, that’s amazing! You should be very proud of yourself, not just for writing it but for persevering with publishing despite rejections. Big congratulations!! Caz xx

7. July 4, 2019 at 7:42 pm

Happy to hear it! Congrats Lisa!

• July 4, 2019 at 7:58 pm

Thanks so much Grace and thanks for all your positive comments and the support that you’ve shown me over the last few months, it really means a lot cxx

8. July 5, 2019 at 5:51 am

Congratulations on getting your book published (or self-published). You should be very proud.

• July 5, 2019 at 6:08 am

Thanks Fandango :O) Yep feeling pretty good I must admit – just hope someone buys the damn thing now ;O) x