Song Lyric Sunday

Happy Sundays guys and girls, how are you doing today? Feeling upbeat and ready to party? I hope so as it’s time for another round of Song Lyric Sunday – the perfect opportunity to share tunes and meet other bloggers. Brought to us by Jim Adams, this week’s prompt is Record/Juke Box/DJ/Radio; if you’d like to play along, here are some rules for you:

• Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not.
  • Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due.
  • Make sure you also credit the singer/band and if you desire you can provide a link to where you found the lyrics.
  • Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song.
  • Ping back to this post will eventually work, as long as you are being patient, but you can also place your link in the comments if you don’t like to wait.
  • Read at least one other person’s blog, so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
  • Feel free to suggest future prompts.
  • Have fun and enjoy the music.

This is my choice

This is my church
This is where I heal my hurts
It’s in natural grace
Or watching young life shape
It’s in minor keys
Solutions and remedies
Enemies becoming friends
When bitterness ends
This is my church
This is my church
This is my church
This is my church
This is where I heal my hurts
It’s in the world I’ve become
Contained in the hum
Between voice and drum
It’s in the change
The poetic justice of cause and effect
Respect, love, compassion
This is my church
This is where I heal my hurts
For tonight
God is a DJ
For tonight
God is a DJ
This is my church
This is one of my favourite tracks to listen to when I’m working out in the gym as it has a really great beat that’s maintained throughout the whole track. It’s full of energy so it’s a great one to listen to if you’re going out for a run as well. Aside from that I actually really like the words as I think they’re original and also rather poetic.
Hope you like it and have a super Sunday

19 comments for “Song Lyric Sunday

1. March 31, 2019 at 9:43 am

I’ll see if my Physiotherapist will put in on the CD player at my Tuesday exercise session for me.. !!!

2. March 31, 2019 at 2:02 pm

Nice pick Lisa. Music is a lot like religion to me.

3. March 31, 2019 at 4:09 pm

I can see it would be excellent for an exercise session. Not known to me, but I like it!

4. March 31, 2019 at 4:19 pm

I’ve danced to this rave tune at the club before. Never knew all of the words, which are poetic ❤ It does have an excellent beat to dance to.

5. March 31, 2019 at 8:03 pm

Love the lyrics to this song. I think of the power of finding that happy place when reading them. Not succumbing to bitterness or hate, but digging deep inside to find that peace, that light, that the world can sometimes smother with stress and cruelty. Plus, the music is just so chilllllll. Lol! Really great share, Lisa! xx ☺️

6. March 31, 2019 at 11:43 pm

This is lovely!😇

7. April 1, 2019 at 2:22 am

New-to-me song and artist! NICE! Not at all what I expected. Thought-provoking lyrics! 👍

8. April 3, 2019 at 1:33 pm

Good afternoon Lisa – ok – Spin The Keyboard Yarn – Baby Steps First launched today, with a small wee trial ..

9. April 7, 2019 at 7:28 am

Hi Lisa, I went to make a comment an today’s, 7th April, Song Lyric Sunday, but you’ve left off the comment section.. I think…?

• April 7, 2019 at 8:15 am

Hi Ivor, no you’re right, there is no comments section on this post but I have absolutely no idea why – any thoughts? Thanks so much for letting me know :O) x

• April 7, 2019 at 8:19 am

I’m not sure, maybe try a reschedule, via editing…

• April 7, 2019 at 8:21 am

I’ve tried an update and that didn’t work so I’ll give the reschedule ago – thanks again :O) x

• April 7, 2019 at 8:50 am

Oh by the way, I love music of Apocalytica found their lyrics fascinating

• April 7, 2019 at 9:51 am

They’re great aren’t they and it’s all thanks to Song Lyric Sunday that I found them :O) Have a great Sunday Ivor :O) x