Song Lyric Sunday

Well, I have no idea where that week went have you? Hope that it was a good one for you and that you’re enjoying your weekend! For me, Sundays have become about discovering new music and new blogging friends and this week is no exception. As usual, and with a spring in his step, Jim Adams has kindly provided us with the prompt for Song Lyric Sunday which is school/books/learning; if you’d like to play along, and why wouldn’t you, here are some rules:

• Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not.
  • Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due.
  • Make sure you also credit the singer/band and if you desire you can provide a link to where you found the lyrics.
  • Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song.
  • Ping back to this post will eventually work, as long as you are being patient, but you can also place your link in the comments if you don’t like to wait.
  • Read at least one other person’s blog, so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
  • Feel free to suggest future prompts.
  • Have fun and enjoy the music.

There was a boy
A very strange, enchanted boy
They say he wandered very far, very far
Over land and sea
A little shy and sad of eye
But very wise was he
And then one day
A magic day he passed my way
And while we spoke of many things
Fools and kings
This he said to me
“The greatest thing you’ll ever learn
Is just to love and be loved in return”
“The greatest thing you’ll ever learn
Is just to love and be loved in return”
Songwriters: Eden Ahbez
Nature Boy lyrics © Warner/Chappell Music, Inc, Songtrust Ave
This is such a simple little song but what a powerful message! I have no idea where I first heard this or even which version it was (there have been many) but I love it and I hope that you will too :O)
Have a great day!

27 comments for “Song Lyric Sunday

1. March 17, 2019 at 8:11 am

This is a wonderful choice Lisa, and I totally agree with your summary of the song and the lyrics…….and of course I’m a David Bowie fan……

• March 17, 2019 at 9:24 am

So glad you liked it Ivor :O) Yep Bowie was definitely one of a kind and a true creative genius x

2. March 17, 2019 at 12:26 pm

Perfect in every way. Simple, true, melodic. He was so versatile in his music. Thanks for the share Lisa.

3. March 17, 2019 at 12:42 pm

Nice choice! 👍

4. March 17, 2019 at 2:17 pm

Lisa you may have picked Bowie’s slowest song ever, but this is very enjoyable and the ending is great, before that long fade away.

5. March 17, 2019 at 2:44 pm

I love this song. Here’s Nat King Cole singing the song way before Bowie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iq0XJCJ1Srw

• March 17, 2019 at 3:18 pm

Me too! I think Nat King Cole’s version may have been the first or possibly Ella Fitzgerald. I know lots of people have covered it but I’m a Bowie fan so what can I say ;O) x

6. March 17, 2019 at 3:52 pm

Great choice! A song that would never have occurred to me.

7. March 17, 2019 at 6:16 pm

This is a new one for me. Bowie was such a talent! Sad that he left us too soon.

~Mary
    Jingle Jangle Jungle
    Literary Gold

8. March 17, 2019 at 10:33 pm

New Bowie song for me, never would have guessed it was him. Good message in the lyrics. Truer words were never spoken.

9. March 18, 2019 at 2:29 pm

Hey Lisa, l have only gone and tagged you again for 321 Quote Me – with the topic of Being You, Only You!!

10. March 18, 2019 at 9:54 pm

Madam Lisa – your name has come up in a murder investigation.

However, you needn’t do anything at this current time, it’s just to let you know. Our Inspector Paula of Light Motifs II is on the case!