Getting to Know You Challenge

The lovely Sadje who resides over here has tagged me in a challenge which involves answering some probing questions. I presume that my answers have to be honest so this could be a tricky one but I’m not going to back down from a good old fashioned challenge so here goes:

1. Name a moment in your life when you felt you were most courageous.

I was going to say carrying on living without my husband or moving to the South of France but I never actually felt courageous during those times. I didn’t take my own life when I desperately wanted to because I couldn’t bear to hurt those who love me and I moved to France because I knew I wouldn’t really live again unless I made a big change but I didn’t feel courageous in either case. OK, I’ve had a cup of tea and given it some thought and I think I felt courageous when I walked across burning coals during a Tony Robbins seminar.

2. If you had to choose only one breakfast cereal for the rest of your life, which one would it be?

I have porridge with almond puree for breakfast every morning so I guess I’d stick with that. Oddly I don’t really like porridge but I work out a lot so I eat it; just as well I don’t have a massive interest in food!

3. When have you felt the most scared?

The day I found out that my husband’s cancer was terminal

4. If you could sing like any musical artist, who would you choose?

Lara Fabian, her voice is absolutely magnificent. For those of you who don’t know her, here’s a video for you:

5. Do you collect anything?

Do shoes count?

6. If you could live inside a tv show or movie, what would it be?

Boston Legal without a doubt (yes I still have a crush on Alan Shore)

7. Have you ever had a reoccurring dream? If so, what was it?

A dream? No. A nightmare? Yes, two in fact. In one I was standing on top of a tiny platform hundreds of feet in the air and in the other I was being strangled. If any of you know how to interpret dreams…..actually no forget it, I don’t want to know.

8. What’s your Zodiac sign?

Taurus the bull which is pretty much the most boring sign in the Zodiac; apparently we are: dependable, generous, down to earth, patient, independent, stubborn, self-indulgent, lazy, possessive and frugal (which doesn’t make a lot of sense if I am also supposed to be generous). I don’t have a lot of faith in astrology but I am actually all of these things except patient and frugal so perhaps there’s something in it after all.

Right, I’ve thought long and hard about who will be the one person I’d like to tag and therefore know more about and I’ve narrowed it to about 25 so I am going to throw it open to anyone who wants to take part ;O)

Lisa

x

19 comments for “Getting to Know You Challenge

1. February 6, 2019 at 4:24 pm

I loved reading your answers. Thanks for taking up the tag!

2. February 6, 2019 at 7:32 pm

You are amazing, Lisa! Loved reading your answers and getting to know you a bit more!

3. February 6, 2019 at 7:35 pm

Yikes, I wouldn’t want to know the interpretation of those nightmares either! For the record, I think it takes courage to not end your life, to step back from that and continue to face the world. Also courage for walking across hot coals – would you do it again if you had the chance, or was once enough? I love these kinds of questions, you always get to learn interesting things about bloggers that wouldn’t necessarily be covered otherwise. xx

• February 7, 2019 at 5:35 pm

Sorry Caz this got lost in my spam folder for some bizarre reason. I actually walked across the hot coals on two different occasions and both times it was a really profound and motivating experience. I loved these questions too and for exactly the same reason :O) Thanks so much for your comment and sorry again that I was late replying xx

4. February 7, 2019 at 12:46 am

Lisa I enjoyed reading your answers. I might try that one myself . Cheers from Ally

• February 7, 2019 at 7:47 am

Thanks Ally :O) Please do give it a go, I’d love to read your answers xx

5. February 7, 2019 at 7:13 am

Oh my goodness……….I loved your answers and I just want you to know that I think you are one awesome badass! 🙂

• February 7, 2019 at 7:46 am

Thanks Wendi :O) I love the idea of being an awesome badass! xx

• February 9, 2019 at 6:11 am

Good, because that is exactly what you are my dear! 🙂

• February 9, 2019 at 7:26 am

Aw shucks! Thanks Wendi :O) How are you doing? Everything OK? xx

• February 21, 2019 at 3:48 am

Hey! Today is a decent day so I am thankful I am able to spend some time on my computer! Hope you are well!?
        ……..thank you for always caring……..

• February 21, 2019 at 6:24 am

That’s great 😃 cxx

• February 21, 2019 at 2:12 pm

thank you for your kindness! 🙂

6. Tito Jay
    February 7, 2019 at 11:13 am

Hi Lisa,

I want to share.

1. Name a moment in your life when you felt you were most courageous.

The most interesting and meaningful time is when I flew around the world to meet my pen-pal from the Philippines. We fell in love through hand-written letters. I had never left the USA before and I traveled to a complexly completely different place. I met my love where Magellan, the Great Navigator, met his maker, Cebu. This was not the plan, but was necessary because a typhoon had diverted her boat traveling to her home island of Bohol.

After deplaning I looked for my pen pal in the crowd. At first I could not locate her. I was terrified for a few moments. Then I saw her step out from the crowd and wave. My wife told me after we were married that she had seen me and her first reaction was to hide and considered running. This I feel is understandable, because I am 6 feet tall and at the time 16 years ago I weighed 265 lbs. She stands 4″9′ and weighed 79 lbs. at that time. I am so glad my wife did not run 16 years ago. My own courage was dwarfed by hers.

I am also a Taurus and I also think that doesn’t mean much.

Peace

Jay

• February 7, 2019 at 2:51 pm

That’s a lovely story Jay, thanks so much for sharing it 😊 xx