Mystery Blogger Award

Well slap my ass and call me Judy! I have been nominated for another award and this time it comes from the lovely Sadje, a prolific blogger and all round nice gal, do pop over and see her when you have a minute, I know she’ll make you welcome. If you haven’t come across this award before, here’s what you need to know:

“The Mystery Blogger Award is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging, and they do it with so much love and passion.” – Okoto Enigma

There seem to be two sets of rules in play now so I just picked one at random:

Thank whoever gifted you and include a link to their blog✔️

Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well✔️

Tell your readers 3 things about yourself✔️

Answer the questions from the person who gifted you the Award.✔️

Choose 3 – 5 bloggers that you wish to gift the Award to. X (I can’t tick this one as I’d choose to give it to everyone)

So, onto the important bit: Sadje’s questions, oh no wait hang on a minute, I’ve missed out the three things about me…hhhmmm…….OK, here you go:

1. I have seen ghosts, more than once
  2. I thought that McCaulay Caulkin, in Home Alone, was the most irritating kid to ever arrive on the planet
  3. I’d really like to be able to wear girly, flowery dresses but I’m much better suited to jeans and t-shirts

Now, I can answer Sadje’s questions….

If you could choose one super power, what would it be and why? ( Funny, If it’s not already apparent)

I’d like a super power that would enable me to track lost socks; the little bastards know I hate them and are forever making a bid for freedom

What stimulates your brain to produce its best, a beverage, a muse or anything else?

A shower normally, I have no idea why but some of my best writing has been formulated whilst trying not to get shampoo in my eyes

If you are alone in the house and a door slams upstairs with sound of running feet, what are you going to do?

I live in an apartment so I don’t have an upstairs but, if I did, I would imagine that I would be incredibly brave and scream like a 5 year old girl.

Seeing your image in the mirror, what is the predominant thought?

Meh!

What sort of movie you have to go and see, even if the ticket is $100? And there will no Netflix or DVD release!

The film version of Boston Legal (I still have a crush on Alan Shore)

There you have it, thanks again Sadje for the nomination and now I guess I’ll have to think of some questions; back in a sec…..

Right, here we go:

You have been invited to a formal dinner party but you only have a choice of two outfits: a wetsuit or a fairy outfit (tutu, pink, you get the picture), which would you choose?

You can spend the day with any film/tv character – who would it be? (yes, I’m still thinking about Alan Shore)

You have won a free holiday to a resort of your choosing, anywhere in the World – where would you go?

You are give the opportunity to erase 1 memory, what would it be?

Given the choice between being locked in a 20 x 20 room alone for 24 hours or with 19 others, what would you pick?

Now this should be the part where I nominate other people but I am not going to; if  you want to answer these questions I would love to read your answers and, as I said, as far as I’m concerned, you all deserve an award :O)

30 comments for “Mystery Blogger Award

1. January 14, 2019 at 7:44 am

Congratulations.

2. January 14, 2019 at 8:01 am

Congratulations Judy

3. January 14, 2019 at 8:38 am

Congratulations. Loved your answers. Thanks for taking the time to post this award post.

4. blindzanygirl
    January 14, 2019 at 9:23 am

Congratulations Lisa x

5. January 14, 2019 at 10:48 am

*** Definitely a wet-suit, I’m an old surfer from way back….
    *** A day with with Hugh Jackman would be tops for me.
    *** I’ve already chosen, New York, then onto Philadelphia…..
    You are give the opportunity to erase 1 memory, what would it be?
    *** The terrible memory of our years 2000 and 2001
    *** A 20 x 20 room is plenty for me and my dreams !! 24 hours is easy……….

6. January 14, 2019 at 10:54 am

Well done, lovely answers

7. January 14, 2019 at 5:38 pm

Congrats on the well-deserved award! I also find that showers can shake loose some of the better thoughts in my head, I always find they clear away the cobwebs, so to speak! And I hope you can start to look in the mirror and say ‘yep, I’m awesome’ rather than ‘meh’ soon, you deserve more than ‘meh’!! xx

8. January 15, 2019 at 12:15 am

Congratulations. Your last question is the hardest to answer. Only 24 hours, promise I’ll be let out? Alone, yes, if I had my Kindle and paper and pen, especially if the toilet arrangements were a bit dodgy, but the 19 people could be really interesting, it would be like the bus or train when you have a good chat to complete strangers.

• January 15, 2019 at 6:18 am

Thank you 😊 yes definitely only 24 hours and yes you would have a toilet and your kindle (you can take in 1 item of your choosing)…..xx

9. January 20, 2019 at 6:50 am

Great!

10. January 21, 2019 at 12:43 pm

I grew up in a house with a spirit but never seen it. …..only felt it.
    The home alone kid …..I truly believe they only pretend to forget him….they left him behind on purpose 🤣
    Unfortunately I have to disagree on dresses…….if wide enough I find them sooooo comfortable 🤷🏻‍♀️

• January 21, 2019 at 2:03 pm

Like to hear more about the spirit…..
      Yes I think you’re absolutely right about the Home Alone kid ;O)
      Yes, you’re right, they are definitely comfortable, just not when I look in the mirror ;O) x

• January 21, 2019 at 2:08 pm

Mirrors?who look at those anymore….I’m too old to torture myself🤣🤣🤣🤣

11. January 29, 2019 at 8:44 am