FOWC: Wall

You can’t see over, unscalable summit

You can’t see through the feather light density

You can’t see under, unfathomable depths

You can’t see round, a glimpse of infinity

You can’t see unwillingly fabricated

You can’t see erratically erected walls

You can’t see me, trying to break through to you.

Another little ditty written in response to a gentle nudge from Fandango and his one word prompt…..

14 comments for “FOWC: Wall

1. January 6, 2019 at 10:00 am

A lot of internal emotions throughout you little poem, and yes we set up our own barriers, and then life has already created lots of hurdles to overcome as well. I wrote a poem many years ago, not long after the last time I had a stroke. It’s about trying to overcome life’s huge obstacles.

• January 6, 2019 at 10:16 am

Yes it’s exactly that Ivor but I’m going to continue hammering on the walls until I break through ;O)
      Your poem was lovely as were the two lines that you wrote after the loss of your love xx

• January 6, 2019 at 10:52 am

Yes … over 6 years ago now, … beautiful memories….. She made become a better man xx

• January 6, 2019 at 11:01 am

I know what you mean, I liked myself a whole lot more when my husband was still around…xx

2. January 6, 2019 at 10:54 am

3. January 6, 2019 at 1:57 pm

It gets easier to see with time, with the help of friends, and as the barriers become easier to dislodge.

4. Boo
    January 7, 2019 at 4:09 pm

I wish I could write like that. It really has to hit me before I come up with something. You do this like almost every day….

• January 7, 2019 at 4:24 pm

Thanks Boo but I’m sure I have a lot more time than you and anyway I love hearing all about your life 😊 XX

• Boo
        January 7, 2019 at 4:24 pm

wait till you read todays!!!

• January 7, 2019 at 4:51 pm

I’ll look forward to it 😃

5. January 9, 2019 at 6:31 pm

A fascinating take on the prompt. My favorite line: “You can’t see round, a glimpse of infinity” Wonderful