321 Quote Me! – Creative Writing

Once again, I stood still long enough for someone to tag me and this time it was the master of the one word prompt and all round great guy, Fandango. If you haven’t come across this before it’s a fun challenge and, like all challenges it has it’s rules:

1. Thank the selector.
  2. Post 2 quotes for the dedicated Topic of the Day.
  3. Select 3 bloggers to take part in ‘3.2.1 Quote Me!’

A huge thank you to Fandango who has provided the inspiration for a number of my recent posts and whose own work is a constant source of entertainment; do pop over and visit, I am sure you’ll get along famously!

writing-quote-1.jpg

My first quote is from a writer who scared the living daylights out of me when I was a teenager; there is nothing quite like being terrified by a truly brilliant author is there? Now, as a slightly battered 52 year old, I can appreciate the wisdom in his words and in this quote in particular as it resonates with me so strongly. WP, and all the amazing people who reside therein, has been a life-line for me..

Writing 2

How true is this!? There is no way on earth that I could sit down with other people and tell them about the ideas that meander their way through my mind but it’s the easiest thing in the World to put them down on paper. I don’t know about you but writing is an enormous release for me and a way to set my ideas free from their prison of insecurity.

At this point I should be nominating 3 others to pick up and run with this but writing is something that we all do and I think that we all have quotes that motivate us or keep us going when it seems like all the words have dried up so I’m going to throw this open to everyone :O)

Lisa

x

12 comments for “321 Quote Me! – Creative Writing

1. December 8, 2018 at 8:49 am

Very good selection of quotes. All befitting the topic.

2. December 8, 2018 at 9:06 am

Amazing writings

3. December 8, 2018 at 3:29 pm

Tell a story without making eye contact. Ain’t that the truth!

4. December 8, 2018 at 6:24 pm

I’m glad you stood still long enough, you’ve chosen great quotes – congrats on the tag! Stephen King is incredibly inspiring and has heaps of good advice. Have you read his book on writing? It’s fascinating, motivating reading. xx

• December 8, 2018 at 6:29 pm

Thanks that’s really kind 😊
      I haven’t, to be honest I really struggle to read ‘practical’ books but if you think it’s that good……? Xx

• December 8, 2018 at 6:44 pm

I found it to be more gentle than a ‘practical’ book, it’s just him talking about how he does things, offers a few pointers etc. He classed it as a memoir. It’s this one – On Writing : A Memoir of the Craft – https://amzn.to/2BZuDjp

Caz xx