Hold on……..

I’m so afraid.

If I let go I’ll drop

I don’t know how far

Because I can’t look down

Is there something there to break

My fall. You say it’s safe, you tell me to

Let go! What do you see that I don’t

Can you see the chasm beneath

The single step to freedom

I can’t see, I don’t know

So stop telling me

I have to let go

Of the past

22 comments for “Hold on……..

1. November 24, 2018 at 9:04 am

I feel your words 😭

2. November 24, 2018 at 9:06 am

Very touching. Tire to human nature. We can’t let go until our feet find a stone to step on.

3. November 24, 2018 at 9:35 am

I hear you. People say ‘forget it and move on’. I often wonder how they would feel if they had walked in my shoes. Thanks for sharing xo

• November 24, 2018 at 9:40 am

I think that it’s just what people feel that they ‘should’ say and probably well meant but yes, I agree, without knowing what others have been through it’s not very helpful. Thanks to you for reading :O) xx

• November 24, 2018 at 10:01 am

People say what they think is the right thing to say and what might help. I guess they are trying to be helpful 🙂 xx

• November 24, 2018 at 11:33 am

You’re right, all we can really offer is words x

4. November 24, 2018 at 9:51 am

I can’t let go… or move on. I feel this.

5. November 24, 2018 at 10:22 am

You let go when you are ready and some losses always have a powerful hold over us. Why do people feel the need to tell us this all the time? I think its got to do with them not having a clue really of how it actually is to go through very very difficult and painful experiences or losses.

6. November 24, 2018 at 11:12 am

So deep and rich. Really well done!

7. November 24, 2018 at 2:15 pm

As long as you keep the past in sight it is safe to let go occasionally. You can always reach back and hang on again when necessary, and it is always necessary I believe. The more times you let go, the easier it becomes, but there is always that safe feeling of re grasping the familiar.

8. November 24, 2018 at 7:47 pm

A tender spot…and so skillfully written! These sentiments I understand – thank you for sharing.