Poignant…..

Have you ever had a thought that just seems to pop into your head out of nowhere? Obviously there’s a reason for it tucked away in the cerebral tangle but, on the surface, there appears to be no apparent reason, do you know what I mean? Yes? Good, in that case you’ll understand why I am posting this. There’s no real reason other than this scene popped into my head and I wanted to share it with you as it’s so unbelievably poignant……..

“I’ve… seen things you people wouldn’t believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those… moments will be lost… in time… like… tears… in rain. Time… to die”

I saw this film many, many years ago and this scene has stuck with me during all that time; Rutger Hauer’s acting was absolutely flawless and his speech exquisitely sad.

Do you have any film moments like that? They’ve stayed with you from the moment you first saw them and just randomly pop into you head every now and again? Let me know, I’d love to hear from you..

Lisa

x

8 comments for “Poignant…..

1. blindzanygirl
    November 21, 2018 at 9:52 am

Yes. It’s the film “Rebecca” from the book by Daohne Du Maurier. It is my all time fave book, and the film is good too. The old one I mean. I often her those words “Last night I dreamed I went to Manderley”. I always wanted to be able to write like Daohne du Maurier!

2. November 21, 2018 at 12:14 pm

Brief Encounter. A classic, that I’ve lived twice. No further information will be forthcoming!

• November 21, 2018 at 3:44 pm

Now I’m intrigued ;O)
      Another classic film I’ve never watched! Added to the list xx

3. November 21, 2018 at 2:14 pm

I love this scene Lisa. I was told that much of it was not scripted and Hauer ad-libbed it. He was magnificent.

As for your question – it is a good one. The one that pops immediately to mind is the ending of The Big Blue where Jacques swims off into the darkness with a dolphin, leaving his life behind.

• November 21, 2018 at 3:52 pm

Yes I’d read that too Darren which makes it all the more wonderful – he was, as you say, magnificent.
      That sounds like a, absolutely wonderful ending ;O) x

4. November 25, 2018 at 7:29 am

I love this movie. It was a tremendous convergence of artistry and entertainment, As for fave film moments, perhaps you’d like to peruse this post: https://brianlageose.blog/2018/03/20/51-things-about-49-movies-2/

• November 25, 2018 at 8:27 am

It was definitely the first of its kind :O)
      I shall wander over and have a look…..