Good morning fellow bloggers, how are we all today? Hope you’re all set for a super Sunday :O) I still only have one fully functioning nostril and a small cactus appears to have wedged itself down my throat but the brain fog has lifted slightly so I’m here to join in with Song Lyric Sunday. Created by the lovely Helen at This Thing Called Life One Word at a Time, it’s an opportunity for music lovers to come together and share their favourite songs. Each week Helen gives us a one word prompt and this week it’s drink.
If you’d like to play along and I really think you should as it’s great fun, these are the rules:
- Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not
- Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due and it’s honestly just a simple Google search
- Make sure you also credit the singer/band and provide a link to where you found the lyrics
- Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song
- Ping back to this post or my own Song Lyric Sunday post
- Read at least one other person’s blog so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process
This week I’ve chosen Lilac Wine; I immediately thought of Elkie Brooks but then found this beautiful version by Jeff Buckley who sadly lost his life in a freak accident at the age of 31.
I gave myself in that misty light
Was hypnotized by a strange delight
Under a lilac tree
Put my heart in its recipe
It makes me see what I want to see
And be what I want to be
I do things I never should do
I drink much more that I ought to drink
Because it brings me back you
Lilac wine, I feel unsteady, like my love
Isn’t that she, coming to me nearly here?
Lilac wine, I feel unsteady, where’s my love?
Isn’t that she, or am I just going crazy, dear?
Feel unready for my love