Do You Remember Your First Blog Post?

Your first kiss, the first time you had sex and your very first blog post; there are some things that we never forget. Can I take you back in time to yours?Β  Do you even remember what it was about or is it the feelings that have stayed with you? The fear of what people will think, the excitement of putting your thoughts out there for anyone to read? Were you just bursting with passion and desperate to share it with others or did you write, hit post after a couple of glasses of wine and then spend the rest of the day thinking ohshitohshitohshit?

snoopyDo you remember how you felt when you got your first like? Did you worry about how to reply when you got your first comment? Did you find yourself checking your emails 50 times a day worrying that no-one would respond and then be unable to stop the inane grin and little happy dance as that first one popped into your inbox?

What was the subject matter? Were you careful and reserved in what you wrote or did you just put yourself out there and critics be damned? Mine was about arsesΒ and how they sag as we get older; I’m not sure what that says about me………….so, back to you! Tell me all about it, I’d love to hear your story :O)

25 comments for “Do You Remember Your First Blog Post?

1. July 14, 2018 at 7:35 am

I remember, the post was so cringe 😁

2. July 14, 2018 at 8:16 am

I have never had my first kiss or Sex yet… 😬😬..
    But yeah, I remember my first post, WHERE ARE THE DREAMS I. I still remember i wrote this in the evening around 3 pm. And I was actually so frustrated at that time, which pushed me to start a blog. Then I penned down whatever I had in your mind so quickly………I didn’t know why and what I’m writing……But I kept that up…
    And now I’m here today… πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜„πŸ˜„…

3. July 14, 2018 at 8:51 am

Brilliant first post!
    I started blogging with a friend and we agreed with each other to “like” and comment on each others post. It was scary, but at least I wasn’t alone πŸ˜‰

My first post about when that same friend asked me “what animal would you like to be”.
    I said I wanted to be a seagull so I could crap all over my manager’s car because he was a horrible person πŸ˜‰

• July 14, 2018 at 9:19 am

Blogging with a friend is such a great idea 😊
      Ooh if your boss made you want to be a seagull that’s one bad boss!!! ❀️

4. July 14, 2018 at 1:22 pm

The first post I published was titled, appropriately, “Tom Started a Blog.” I still go back, every so often, and read it to make sure it’s something I’m still proud of. It is. I think I said exactly what I wanted to say to the world in an introductory post. I haven’t changed much in the 2 years, 4 months, and 19 days since; I still write a blog about nothing.

But I have an incredible amount of fun doing it.

Incidentally, I wrote about a dozen and a half “practice” blogs, on a variety of topics, before I ever posted my first one. Only Ryan Rath and Dylan Andersen have ever read them; I wanted to know if I was writing anything worth reading. I owe them a lot for helping Tom find his voice, such as it is.

Maybe, just maybe, I’ll share my “hidden blog” someday. πŸ˜‰

But, without further adieu, I present, for your consideration, my inception:

• July 14, 2018 at 1:48 pm

Wow 😲 you are so unbelievably organised Tom! It sounds as though your blog was loved and nurtured before it was even born; mine was slapped on the arse and told to get on with it πŸ˜‚ really hope we get a glimpse of its predecessors one day πŸ˜‰ x

• July 14, 2018 at 2:44 pm

Lmao! When I started, I really really wasn’t sure I’d put in the work, or find the regular time. I HAD to know I could commit to a schedule for at least a month before I went “live.”

Not that I’ve stuck to a “regular” schedule since, but at least I put out content “at least once a week.” That satisfies me … for now. 😁

• July 14, 2018 at 2:51 pm

It definitely is a commitment isn’t it 😊 now I’ve started though I find I just can’t stop. It’s a great outlet for all the crap that’s been milling around in my head for years 😜

• July 14, 2018 at 2:55 pm

Yes! I wish I would have done it when I started to way back when … in, like, 2003, when I first started to start and ABANDONED the idea. I could’ve been ground floor! 🀣

• July 14, 2018 at 4:16 pm

Oh I don’t know, I’m a firm believer in the right things arriving in our lives at the time we need them most 😊

5. My thoughts exactly
    July 14, 2018 at 4:36 pm

My first post was about a church service that I had went to. I still enjoy reading from time to time but I must say my writing has gone from one extreme to the next throughout the years πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜‰

• July 14, 2018 at 5:33 pm

That’s the great thing about blogging – always moving forward 😊

6. July 14, 2018 at 5:30 pm

I played around on wordpress for a year before I finally had the courage to share my blog last month. Just a babe in the woods here but I am so damn happy I finally hit publish. What an amazing community of people and ideas I have discovered. Hopefully I won’t look back in a year or two and cringe at that first post, but it got really positive feedback which blew my mind and boosted that shaky write self-confidence so hopefully it will stand the time test.

7. July 14, 2018 at 10:08 pm

This is such a great idea for a post……….I don’t remember what the post was about but I was terrified to do it and I am sure it sucked………..but, I kept at it to prove to myself I wasn’t a quitter and maybe, just maybe someone out there could relate to how I lived………..yep, way more people than I thought.

8. July 15, 2018 at 5:30 am

Love your blog!

9. July 15, 2018 at 8:18 am

My first blog was based on travel… basically I played safe and travel was quite interesting for me to start with.. it was based on my top places yo visit in California… I was so conscious and took nearly a week to publish it… every day I used to edit it for my utmost satisfaction..πŸ˜‹ I am glad I somehow got the confidence to publish it and thankful to my fellow bloggers for supporting me… 😊