If That’s All You’ve Got to Worry About..

Morning :O) If you’ve got a minute, I’d really like your opinion on something. Do you ever listen to someone telling you about their woes in life and have to stop yourself rolling your eyes at them or sit on your hands so that you’re not tempted to cuff them round the back of their head? Maybe you’re the serene and understanding type that never judges? Either way, what’s your take on this:

A woman writing on a popular website for mothers was complaining that her parents always bought her cheap gifts for her birthday and that made her feel ‘not valued’ and ‘hurt’. This was what she wrote:

Cheap gifts

I realise that we can never really know how someone else is feeling and there may be more to this story than meets the eye but my first thought when reading this was “If that’s all you’ve got to worry about, I am so happy for you”.

What do you think?

Lisa

x

10 comments for “If That’s All You’ve Got to Worry About..

1. June 28, 2018 at 8:12 am

Really funny problems

2. June 28, 2018 at 8:27 am

Well, this particular woman needs a psychologist. There is a popular Spanish book Where are my coins? (I don´t know if there is a translation). I only include the link to prove it´s real 😀 https://www.amazon.es/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=donde+estan+mis+monedas&tag=hydes-21&index=stripbooks&hvadid=226334819480&hvpos=1t2&hvnetw=g&hvrand=7549294852579582210&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=20272&hvtargid=kwd-172274792963&ref=pd_sl_2ffb0uduit_e
    It explains how some people always feel that they do not get enough from others (parents, friends, or couples). Definitely, it’s something they have to work on, no one else can fix this feeling.

• June 28, 2018 at 10:01 am

Yep you’re absolutely right about that – the only person that can fix our problems is us :O) Thanks so much for the comment – I’ll have a look at the link x

3. June 28, 2018 at 4:30 pm

That’s what we call “first World” problems

4. June 29, 2018 at 12:36 am

The thing that jumps out at me is that her parents have “always provided well” for her. Since I’ve never understood this kind of fixation on material things, I can’t help but wonder what else is (or was) going on. Did her parents love her? Did they teacher her important things? Some people are just frugal. My husband prides himself on being frugal which is okay with me. I’d rather receive kind words, respect, walks in nature, and fixing things around the house. We all have our primary love languages… But I have a hunch there’s a deeper issue here. At least, I hope so.

5. June 29, 2018 at 12:42 am

All I have to say is, interesting! Maybe there is more to this than we can see. In the mean time, everyone does deserve to be heard and sometimes we have to realize that, the good old saying, ‘it’s the thought that counts’ should always live on!